How is runnin' EZConnectors on their trailers?

Haha, no more getting asked to use your trailers.

Why do you think I've ran the 7-way round semi style for several years? My philosophy is to return anything you borrow in better shape than it was when you borrowed it. If nothing else, wash it. When you get tired of fixin' your stuff everytime it comes home...that is one way to cure that. :D

No one bit the bullet on these?

To convert my truck and trailers over, plus the two other trucks and trailers that I use from time to time it is not worth it to me. I definitely can see the advantage though.

What about an Amphenol style connector?
What was the cost on the EZ connector anyway?

What about an Amphenol style connector?
What was the cost on the EZ connector anyway?

I could use Amphenol style or even any one of the hundred MS3400xx-xx Mil-C-5015 connectors we use around here....but, you don't have any break-a-way. If you forget the plug....you will destroy crap. :(

I like the mag connectors. They are flat faced, spring loaded contacts. Both ends stay dry and clean because they are always in holders or on the truck. They will also pull out at 90 degrees at about 50 lbs of pull force and not be damaged.

The new style with the flip up covers are expensive. T-conn kit for truck is $129 and the trailer end is $89. I don't wanna spend that much. I'm looking at the old style with the dummy plugs that are lose with no flip-up lid. If the owner guy can hook me up with them affordably, I might do it. If I can get one truck and two trailers set up for around $100 I'd do it. We'll see what I can find.

$220 for just one truck and trailer? I'll pass. I like them, but they're just not worth the money. I'd rather just replace the normal style connector. Plus if I ever needed to use a different truck or trailer there would be no problem.

I'll pass too unless I can find the older style for a discounted rate. The trick is, get all the adapters. They are pretty cheap. Set you own truck to hook to any connector. Get a box of adpaters and keep them in case you need to adapt your trailer to any truck. Don't let anyone know you can adapt them if they want to borrow it. :D

I'm really not a scrooge.....but I hate getting stuff back broke. Most things I have will be loaned out without hesitation...cept: wife, guitar, brand new gooseneck. :D

Looks like a sweet setup. That would sure eliminate a lot of "can I borrow" phone calls! One of the many reasons I bought a 5th wheel camper...no one else I know is able to tow one. :hehe:

Back