Needing CDL for racing - YOU can help!

If said person owns the business? I know that everything my business does impacts my personal taxes as well. If I were to make $20k a year disappear from the business to advertising and promotion it impacts my personal taxes as well in the end.

I am not trying to be difficult here. I just know it upsets me when I see somebody take advantage of the tax system and government for say food stamps if they do not need them so it is difficult for me to turn a blind eye when it is in a different way.

If you file taxes separate ,then the business is the advertisement side. If you as the individual use the money you make like everyone else does and it's not attached to the business then you are an individual. Now if you have the business splattered all over the trailer then it's a business and would fall back under the business even though you're an individual.

And how is this even remotely close to food stamp and government assistance? We pay taxes, we pay taxes on the vehicles when we buy them, every year for personal property, fuel tax to get to the events, taxes on every part we buy........

The government is in our pocket daily for the hobby we do. That other group you sited doesn't pay at all or if they do it's very little.

I just went through all of this with the federal dot and my mom's truck and trailer.

Last edited:
I hope this opens up. I always am waiting to get hit for it. I have a class A but never run logs or anything dumb. It's racing. Who cares

Keep in mind the IFTA fuel stickers. Wait till you have to send a check to your home state for buying fuel out of state. ...and make sure you mark your miles when crossing state lines. GPS makes this a lot easier but it is still a hassle.

I've spent a dang hour after pulling into the yard trying to keep up with everyone else's paperwork.

I’m for the reads... I won’t comment as my regard on the situation usually makes people mad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I hope this opens up. I always am waiting to get hit for it. I have a class A but never run logs or anything dumb. It's racing. Who cares

You know there's major down side if you have a CDL and don't use it. Here in Texas they passed yearly med card checks back in 2013 or 2014 iircand I let my A go. Good thing too as in Texas and I'm sure other, driving infractions if caught are doubled and tripled all because you habe a CDL.

I have and maintain one because I drive trucks after I repair them. It's needed for me. It costs me nothing to keep. I don't understand how because you drive commercially that you should now be a more responsible driver and should get higher fines. Kinda bs if you ask me.

You know there's major down side if you have a CDL and don't use it. Here in Texas they passed yearly med card checks back in 2013 or 2014 iircand I let my A go. Good thing too as in Texas and I'm sure other, driving infractions if caught are doubled and tripled all because you habe a CDL.

I made this comment in the last thread basically and got basically ignored because the other guy somehow knew more than me or something. Even though I have a cdl.

I'll reiterate it once again:
Follow The Money.

It's nearly NEVER about our safety, or some genuine concern, it's always about feeding the Beast.

The FMCSA, like the IRS, know full well there are idiotic and redundant rules, they just keep it this way to confuse and intimidate people.
If they gave a damn about the people they burden, they'd clean up the rules voluntarily, without being ordered to do so.

Mark.

I have and maintain one because I drive trucks after I repair them. It's needed for me. It costs me nothing to keep. I don't understand how because you drive commercially that you should now be a more responsible driver and should get higher fines. Kinda bs if you ask me.

I agree with you. I have my class A cdl and if I get pulled over (in my personal vehicle), I can be arrested and charged with DUI for blowing a .04 on the breathalyzer. The rest of the motoring public including the officer arresting me isn't considered legally drunk until .08. So the arresting officer can be more intoxicated than me but arresting me for DUI. This is in Ohio btw. I understand to not drink and drive to avoid any hassle but it's the principle that I don't understand.

Last edited:
I agree with you. I have my class A cdl and if I get pulled over (in my personal vehicle), I can be arrested and charged with DUI for blowing a .04 on the breathalyzer. The rest of the motoring public including the officer arresting me isn't considered legally drunk until .08. So the arresting officer can be more intoxicated than me but arresting me for DUI. This is in Ohio btw. I understand to not drink and drive to avoid any hassle but it's the principle that I don't understand.

This information is from a training session we recently had with a representative from the Ohio State Patrol. He did not specifically state that an officer could be more intoxicated, although it was brought up by an audience member.

So, just happen to take the wrong cough syrup, or mouthwash and you're at risk of being jailed?
Imagine any of US being able to dispense roadside justice in this manner.

Mark.

JFC.... The officer would not have a badge if he were intoxicated on the job at any level. There are many ways to make an argument for this very subject, that however isn’t one of them.

Last edited:
He’s getting at how the laws are written...

So, just happen to take the wrong cough syrup, or mouthwash and you're at risk of being jailed?
Imagine any of US being able to dispense roadside justice in this manner.

Mark.
If you are intoxicated, it doesn't matter how you got that way.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

JFC.... The officer would not have a badge if he were intoxicated on the job at any level. There are many ways to make an argument for this very subject, that however isn’t one of them.

I understand that he would/could/should be in trouble if he is intoxicated, and I agree that he should be in trouble. As BRE states I am pointing out how the law is written.

Commerce is the important world here are you on the road buying and selling goods or services.

Back