Truckers, lets see your rigs!

I have two VERY important questions.

1) faulkner, do you have video of your tame little rig on a dyno?

2) Do you ELD guys get allowed bathroom breaks or did you have to get larger pissbottles?

2) Do you ELD guys get allowed bathroom breaks or did you have to get larger pissbottles?

He doesn’t even own trucks.

Bigger bottles

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nah, video is top secret and pretty underwhelming since it didn't even fully fuel before it tried to pogo stick off of the rollers.

I know it’s no Volvo dream truck so I hope it’s still welcome in here, but finally got around to getting my sleeper/fuel tank fixed from the wrecker backing into it a month or so ago.

89cf29312624765208d0d659bf3013ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know it’s no Volvo dream truck so I hope it’s still welcome in here, but finally got around to getting my sleeper/fuel tank fixed from the wrecker backing into it a month or so ago.

89cf29312624765208d0d659bf3013ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice, they cover all the damage?

Nice, they cover all the damage?

I came out of pocket about $1500. Called every junk yard i could find looking for a used/good fuel tank to match. Cheapest i could find in Tx was $900. I could only find 3 in the state. Then had to take it to get it fixed to draw from the bottom (87 model)

I came out of pocket about $1500. Called every junk yard i could find looking for a used/good fuel tank to match. Cheapest i could find in Tx was $900. I could only find 3 in the state. Then had to take it to get it fixed to draw from the bottom (87 model)

Why did you have to make it draw from the bottom?

The original tanks my Freightliner drew from the bottom. I put smaller FLD tanks on it that draw from the sides and have the tubes that run to the bottom of the tank. Didnt have to make any modifications. But I do have a FASS fuel transfer pump.

Mr. Faulkner, do you have contact info that you could post on who does the Metalax treatment? I’ve got a set of connecting rods that I would like to have treated, but haven’t been able to find anyone to do them.
If it is info you don’t want to post on an open forum for some reason would you mind to call or text me with it? My number is 270-855-nine46eight.
Thank you so much!

Mr. Faulkner, do you have contact info that you could post on who does the Metalax treatment? I’ve got a set of connecting rods that I would like to have treated, but haven’t been able to find anyone to do them.
If it is info you don’t want to post on an open forum for some reason would you mind to call or text me with it? My number is 270-855-nine46eight.
Thank you so much!

I’ll get the info. Machine shop has one and a friend has a machine too but he only does his own parts I believe.

Working on a volvo for a guy, looking like the unloader is stuck in the compressor head. $600 for a head kit and $1400 for a compressor.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Is anyone familiar with the multiplex gauges in 06+ peterbilts and I believe kenworths?

I'm wondering if it's possible to make these work in a 2000 truck. I really prefer the newer full sweep gauges over the earlier style. And I have a full set of them sitting in the garage. Is it as simple as wiring up the ICU from a newer truck or is there any kind of standalone/aftermarket controller that could be programmed to run them. If the newer ICU/cecu can be made to work I do have paccar esa to set them up but I really don't want to spend the money on the ICU just to find out that it won't work.

Is anyone familiar with the multiplex gauges in 06+ peterbilts and I believe kenworths?

I'm wondering if it's possible to make these work in a 2000 truck. I really prefer the newer full sweep gauges over the earlier style. And I have a full set of them sitting in the garage. Is it as simple as wiring up the ICU from a newer truck or is there any kind of standalone/aftermarket controller that could be programmed to run them. If the newer ICU/cecu can be made to work I do have paccar esa to set them up but I really don't want to spend the money on the ICU just to find out that it won't work.

I’m not saying it can’t be done but you would need a donor truck and the entire dash harness. It would be easier to just buy a newer truck. I’ve been all through these chasing wiring issues and there is no way I would tackle that conversion.

Swap to an 06 cab. Gets rid of those phucking door mounted mirrors too

Swap to an 06 cab. Gets rid of those phucking door mounted mirrors too

Door mounted mirrors are definitely going! I started out in a 99 then moved up to an 07 and then bought this 00 a year ago. Forgot how much I hate door mounted mirrors. Switching to cab mounted mirrors is easy but no way I'd switch cabs just to have nicer looking gauges.

Back