South Bend Sucks

My sd dd has 40,000 miles 25+ hooks, 50+ 3rd gear boosted launches and burnouts and has never slipped once, and still shifts just fine.

I've heard descent things about the singles but everyone I know that has a double and is making GOOD power and actually drives them hates them. I don't know about anyone else but I put a clutch in my truck to use it, not baby it. If I'm going to spend the kind of money that South Bend over charges then I would expect it to hold up no matter how hard I drive it especially a triple. I thought I liked my SB clutches too until I went to Haisley. Like most other guys I didn't know any better until I switched. Just trying to warn some guys looking to put in double or triple disc.

I hate Wal-Mart too. They sell so much junk that falls apart. I think we should all never go there again. LOL

I kinda knew this was coming. As We told you and your dad, You are pulling with 500HP in 5th gear with a 355 rear end. We suggested that you change your rear end to lower gears if you want to pull in 5th with the power you have and offered to rebuild the clutch at cost. We also said if you are going to continue to pull with the setup you have then you will need to step up in the clutch. You guys said if we didn't do it for free that you weren't going to be happy. And here we are.

Peter

Sorry you have the wrong guy. You're mistaking me with a different unhappy customer. I've never talked to you. I am pulling in 5th but I'm putting down 900hp. Not sure who you're talking about.

...and the rest of the story comes out! You are pulling in 5th with a .355? Holy jumpin' jahosephat!

Looks like Peter kinda went out of his way to help ya. What are you *****in' about?

Oh great, another I hate this company because they couldn't hold up to my right foot. Move on with your life. Makes me wonder sometimes if it's worth hanging out on the forum.

to the OP:
Man, no offense, but I know guys that can blow up a hamster on a wheel. Your horsepower level is not relevant. Good luck with your new clutch. Be sure to post up in three or four months and let us know how she's hanging in for you.

Sorry you have the wrong guy. You're mistaking me with a different unhappy customer. I've never talked to you. I am pulling in 5th but I'm putting down 900hp. Not sure who you're talking about.

Thats odd why to you get feet put on you by 650hp trucks at pulls.

ill pay for your dyno time if you can make more then 775hp. I happen to know a place nearby you that would be happy to dyno your truck and prove this.

Thats odd why to you get feet put on you by 650hp trucks at pulls.

ill pay for your dyno time if you can make more then 775hp. I happen to know a place nearby you that would be happy to dyno your truck and prove this.

Your HP as just become relevant. :)

Sounds great. Been wanting to do some tuning. There's a shop 10 miles up the road from me. Same shop I put down 825hp 2yrs ago.

as far as the south bend clutch thing i have to say i dont think i will be going with anyone else. Awhile ago when i was researching for my 12v i was looking at other clutch brands even tho i had a south ben in my 04 and am happy with it. then my clutch went out in the 04 because of the miles we put on it daily driving and towing as that style of pressure plate was not set up to handle that. I called up south bend and sent them my clutch and they upgraded it to a different style that would work better for me free of charge even after i was out of warenty! Becasue of this excelent level of customer service i will confidently go with south bend in the future as i know if i have a problem there will be someone there willing to help.

Back