New truck project

Did you buy preformed lexan windows or are you going to attempt to cut your own out of a full sheet? If you bought preformed ones, who sells them?

Do you have interest in one if I make multiple? Debating on making a template and getting a few cut since I have a full sheet.

Well it was a big weekend for me. Finished all but 2 welds on the cage(waiting for a swivel head torch) then decided I will be adding the (d) bars to my cage after rudys. Just not as strong as I want. Wired in anteater. Mounted shifter. Finished Trans fan mounting. Then Sunday I took it for a spin for the first time in 2 years. Was amazing. So much so I didn't look at any gauge. I saw 40-50 psi and the tires were loose with zero traction. Have a lot of odds and ends to button up but very happy it's moving along.
4c7b8ccc8826122355c52cb63ab3ecac.jpg

New to me tires.
Will have more pictures soon.
I should say in the picture it's sitting higher then I care for it to sit. Added 1 inch back and absolutely hate the height. Will be lowing back again

Last edited:
Awesome! It's awesome to drive the project after a long time, I enjoy the heck out of doing rolling but outs in a ratty old dodge wondering what's going to explode next! Ha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whats the specs on your new tires?ive really enjoyed your build

Thanks a lot. I have a lot of time invested. And tires are just the tallest m&h slick in a 16. Like 30 inches tall. Purchased them from Lavon last year. He races the first half of the season on them

well some bad news from the long weekend. I was attempting to hit the track Saturday at noon baring no complications. Friday I wired my radiator fan, had rick fox help me with a known good anteater tune for a baseline. At this point the wiring is finished enough to race but not take it on the street. (don't have head lights or turn signals ect). I finished the 2 welds left on my bed bars. The cage is now done and ready for a cert, I do have plans to add (D) bars and a window net after rudys as I do not have time and I think they are beneficial. painting the cage will wait till all bars are done and I am happy. The truck has good brakes now and will hold 20 psi in a staging situation. The turbos are ready to take off much faster then I expected and the converter from phil is perfect. So that was all finished up Friday at 3am. So all I had to do Saturday was fix a ripped tstat gasket, check fluids, trans pressure and go racing. :nail:
Went to hook to the new to me trailer and the batter is dead so couldn't lower the hyd jack. Need to attend to battery and lights to make sure all is functioning before rudys. Went to get a jump pack for the battery and finish the race truck. Attempted to test drive and check line pressure and have a binding noise in the front/ possibly the tcase. Only thing I have changed from first drive is I slid the cad collar and tacked the shaft in place. So have to investigate that. Get it on the lift and check oil level. Oil is milky and block test shows combustion gasses.
So now I have a lot to do and very few days left to finish it. Head needs pulled and firerings checked for crush, tcase torn apart and inspected for noise. Testing pass made, lexan cut for rear window and trailer serviced for 1000 mile trip......

No fun on the first drive it pops the gasket. DARN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your tellin me, I have put so much time in this truck its not even funny. All I wanna do is race. It really doesn't help that 95% of this has been done alone. makes for long nights

Your tellin me, I have put so much time in this truck its not even funny. All I wanna do is race. It really doesn't help that 95% of this has been done alone. makes for long nights

You and I both know that when it finally runs and is reliable it was all worth it. I went through stolen parts, wrong parts, two hung racks on my new 13mm and a burned trans before I finally got it reliable. Keep pushing!

This is going to be a sweet truck! Good luck on your trailer hope all goes well

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Mine has been sitting since before Christmas when I fixed the trans. Have a feeling it will pull something along those lines again as soon as it comes out. Keep at it, it will have to cooperate sooner or later.

Well head is if. Bores look good. Injectors are still spraying in the bowl at 32*. Have to clearance the head for push tubes. Some show the lightest etching. I have to admit to a dumb decision I made, I didn't do a hot retorque before I took it in the road. Was so excited I wasn't thinking. On that drive it hit 50 psi and blew. Rings don't have near the crush they should have gasket will be here Thursday to throw it back together.

Glad is wasn't to serious. I thought I would have given up on Bodacious a long time ago. It is just flat amazing what a man will put himself through when race season is here and that race is coming up.

0322995381d7841913040d5b48d37bce.jpg

Tore down abs started cleaning.
60945ffc3333e897d78a63b17003b98d.jpg

Head is on and tqd. Manifold is up. Need to set overhead and do fuel and it will be ready for a hot retorque. These long hours are rough. Left the house at 6am and getting home at 1245

Back