Narrowing a Rockwell

What rear are you running and how are you getting oil out to the spindle bearings?

20-145. Am I going to sit here and BS you that I know how much oil is getting out to the hubs, no. I'm not a internet know it all. But what I will tell you is my hubs are 4 seasons old, Been on a top 3.0 truck, then mine and never had more then 2.5 gallons of oil since they were new. I PERSONALLY know 4 trucks all Doing the same thing, no problems...

We run around 2 gallons. Had the stock hubs off multiple times for changing tires, have had the same ring gear in for four years and made over 40 hooks last year. No bearing failures and every time I take hubs off they are pretty full of oil.

Yep he's definitely good guy and makes a awesome rear-end at a great price.

Well starting next Saturday he is in business full time for himself. Bought a whole new place and a good bit more equipment. So send as much his way as possible. If he starts having some pretty good years maybe I'll stop sponsoring him and the favor returned.

I don't know how the exact 20-145/sqhd sizes/capacity compare to the Rockwell H172 but from what I can tell they are fairly close in overall size. My housing is filled with foam and it took just shy of 3 gallons to have it running out the filler hole which is what the factory level should be. This is with the factory steel cover still on it. Looking through the inspection port the oil level is up covering part of the carrier bearings which is high enough to spill down the tubes to the hubs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me the size of the pinion nut? I don't want to use factory lock nut in setup. Best I can tell it's a 1-5/8 thread. Can anyone verify that?

I ended up boring the center out of a set of real wheels so it would pilot onto the inside of the 10 lug hubs, then I used an 8x180 to 8x6.5 adapter off eBay on the axle studs for the outer wheels. SRW wheels work on the outers.

You could also cut some 10 lug centers out of some semi wheels and weld them into some 16 inch wheels for the inners

Back