View Single Post
Old 11-01-2017, 03:32 PM   #24
jfaulkner

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockinRam96 View Post
Hmmm... That seems like quite a high operating range.

My dad runs a C model with a B fuel system (7FB), steel pistons, and a Borg S478 96/1.32 Cat replacement turbo. Water gets hot on a long pull and starts to pull around 1200 rpm. EGTs stay in check. But he isn't running nearly the fuel your set up is.

Curious to know if a smaller charger on your set up will provide for a lower operating RPM.

Edit: I know you know much more than I do about this, but I am very interested in this setup. Almost have my dad convinced to let me build this for him. PM me if you'd like to carry this on elsewhere without all the BS.

Oh no I must have misunderstood. Turbos light immediately but to try and make it live with aluminum pistons he doesn’t lug it. This is a stock aftercooled engine and neither water or egt’s get high which completely surprises me since the radiator is rotten. Just using this engine as a test bed before the replacement goes in. Could probably run the 1.65 housing on the manifold to lower boost and still not affect turbo lag. Gotta love 14:1.