Drill/mill/lathe combo????

Seams like $1000.00 I can get a drill/mill and another ~$500.00 for basic Chuck and bit setup..
But I really don't know what I'm looking at..

If you want a very crappy mill/inconvenient drill press along with a crap lathe then that thing is just the ticket.

If you are wanting a hobby mill the larger Grizzly drill mills aren't the worst thing in the world.

Mill Drill with Stand 8" x 29" Table with Powerfeed | Grizzly Industrial

They aren't going to build the space shuttle but they are pretty handy little machines for the money. Shop for a decent old Southbend 9" lathe on craigslist. You are all over the country with a trailer. You can find machinery easier than anybody on this forum lol.

If you want a very crappy mill/inconvenient drill press along with a crap lathe then that thing is just the ticket.

If you are wanting a hobby mill the larger Grizzly drill mills aren't the worst thing in the world.

Mill Drill with Stand 8" x 29" Table with Powerfeed | Grizzly Industrial

They aren't going to build the space shuttle but they are pretty handy little machines for the money. Shop for a decent old Southbend 9" lathe on craigslist. You are all over the country with a trailer. You can find machinery easier than anybody on this forum lol.

I agree with everything he said.

it seems the combo anytime you are trying todo something the other thing is in the way.

Figure out what you can use the most and buy the specific tool.

I would much rather have a worn out Bridgeport for 2k then a mill/drill/lathe combo.

Just my 2 cents!!

Drill/mill setup would get used the most,

Had some stuff that needed milled and normal guy I use is swamped so I started looking..

I agree with everything he said.

it seems the combo anytime you are trying todo something the other thing is in the way.

Figure out what you can use the most and buy the specific tool.

I would much rather have a worn out Bridgeport for 2k then a mill/drill/lathe combo.

Just my 2 cents!!

I have to say bridgeports are overrated. I would rather have one than the combo thing but they aren't worth anywhere near the money people want out of them.

I have to say bridgeports are overrated. I would rather have one than the combo thing but they aren't worth anywhere near the money people want out of them.

True, Just have to buy them at the right price. A worn out Bridgeport with no tooling is not worth 10k!!!

My brother just picked up a Bridgeport that was in a old guys garage for 30yrs with all the tooling and DRO for 2k, but he looked for over a yr I bet for the right deal.

Back