Full fuel to 3200rpm on a vp44

Cummins Driver

THE Cummins Driver
Hey guys. I've been driving my 01 for about 2 years now. It has a built trans, intake, exhaust, airdog 150 and edge juice w/attitude CTS. I really like the edge. The truck is hooked to a trailer and on level 3 or lower most of the time. What I don't like is that it really seems to cut fuel back at 2800rpm and the trans shifts around 3100rpm at wide open throttle. I could buy the hot unlock code for the edge which supposedly allows it to fuel to 3200 but I'm assuming that would only be on level 6 and not the lower levels. The truck runs good and tows good, just seems sluggish at each shift because it runs out of fueling.

What would stacking a smarty on the edge do for me when running in level 2 or 3 on the edge?

Smarty will add more low end fuel when stacked with the JWA. It fuels hard in the lowend, not so much the higher end. When I had this stack I didn't notice anymore topend. I don't think this would help much for fueling all the way to redline. There's alot of Dyno Graphs out ther that show a decrease in peak HP but an increase in peak torque with this setup.

Thanks guys. I may throw my line pressue gauge on it and adjust the TV cable some and see what that gets me for lowering the shift points a little without losing much pressure. Also may do the hot unlock soon for when I want to hot rod it a little, I just usually try to stay out of the wire tap levels of the Edge so as not to stress the original VP44(with 230k) too bad.

Smarty will add more low end fuel when stacked with the JWA. It fuels hard in the lowend, not so much the higher end. When I had this stack I didn't notice anymore topend. I don't think this would help much for fueling all the way to redline. There's alot of Dyno Graphs out ther that show a decrease in peak HP but an increase in peak torque with this setup.

No. It does not increase low end torque. It maxes out the fueling message sooner.

Attachments

• smarty.png
    smarty.png
    120.8 KB · Views: 0
Dude if you got that many miles on an original vp your on borrowed time anyway.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

You can’t have your cake and eat it too. Hot unlock isn’t just for setting 6.
As it’s been said, stacking won’t do jack.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hot unlock will extend the edges fueling command take over to 3200 rpm.

as others have said the stack won't do squat, because the smarty tunes throw fueling down low, not up top. If you look at the data logs you can see the fueling command come down from max as rpms climb with the smarty.

sw5.PNG.5923b844d5f45731f2f403e562151c77.PNG

Note that canbus is falling even though TPS is stable and rpms are climbing

Back