View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 08:20 AM   #57
Signature600

Name: Signature600
Title: THA MAN!
Member`s Gallery
I couldn't imagine trying to make a working cruise control on an old 8.3L...That's why I swapped to an electronic 5.9L.

That being said, we've been working on CAPS ISC/QSC for 17 years now, and I couldn't use one of those damn things in a truck...they are dead nuts reliable, then all of a sudden, DEAD. Couple thousand later, reliable again.

We have a 2006 Freightliner M2 with the OM906 Merc, 230hp...and that is honestly the only thing good about the truck, we haven't had the first engine problem at all. The rest of the chassis and cab, JUNK. Falling apart after 110K miles, and has had an ABS light on since it was 6 months old. Costs us about $2500 average a year at Freightliner for assorted electrical problems or brake headaches, then the ABS light is off for a couple weeks, and back on until it goes to Freightliner again.

We've decided our next medium duty truck will probably be an older Class 8 cut down, at least then, anyone can work on it.

Good luck with your swap, should be a good truck once done, but I think you have lots of headaches coming up.
Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Jeff Mumau @ Mumau Diesel Service
Rip @ Source Automotive
Don Thuren @ ThurenFab Suspension
Columbus Diesel Supply

Last edited by Signature600; 03-15-2017 at 08:23 AM.