Time For Injectors, IMO!

Ridiculous

Head Honcho
but the ol lady doesn't think so :)

anyway, i hit 100,000 miles a while back and when it gets warm one of these days i'm gonna adjust the valves and since i'll have the valve cover off, hey why not get some new, bigger injectors in the ol girl right?!

so i'm looking on opinions in:
what brand?
what size?
where to buy?
etc.?

ok, i have a strict budget of no more than $450 so keep that in mind.
i have the mods in my signature, and yes the tranny is stock and i know the risks but that's why i'm asking what size, i want an injector in the "safe" range for my application but i do have plans and building the tranny in the future, its just that funds won't allow it now. i'm just looking for basically an affordable, reliable injector that will show a noticable abount of power.

thanks for the help guys...

$450 is a little tight for a whole injector. Unless you buy used ones. You may have to consider nozzles, but you will still need to pay to have them pop tested.

guys, the more i think about this, i'm thinking its a bad idea, i can't afford to have tranny problems right now. i just feel like i have my priorities mixed up, am i wrong?

I bought my truck in Jan. of 05.... with plans of having a "last forever" work truck... by March i had 150HP jammer nozzles on the way and by April I had a edge comp... by JUNE 1 I called DTT and ordered my trans... its a slippery slope...

I would take those $450 and start a transmission fund and start adding money every week. That way you won't spend your money on injectors then kill your transmission and have no option but to use your credit card.

Lavon

If you just want mild upgrades get some New Era 300's or 330's. OR get in contact with Weston (AKA Smokem) on here and get some injectors from him...

i agree start a tranny fund, theres no reason to buy injectors you will have to sell later on. if you were local to me i would have some options for you.

Pick up a set of RV 275's, about 40HP worth of gain if you just have to have a set right now.

FWIW though I would get the money together to build a tranny with first, at the very least a converter and VB. You can take a look Here for a listing of different injectors and how folks like/dislike them.

Not to steal anyones thread but will marine 370's be to hot to tow with. 12v with a 3k gsk 8 speed manual and wh1c with htt stage 3 upgrade?

Back