Compounds under fueled??

It almost sounds like a truck still running stock type gov springs, could add a couple clicks tighter to them and see what it does.

Based on Seth's reputation, that seems unlikely, but certainly something to look into. I had 12mm cammed pump "maxed" out by some shop in BC years ago. With 5k's in, it ran ok but the idle was terrible. With 4k's in it, the idle was better, but had absolutely no top end whatsoever. Maybe a similar story.

Based on Seth's reputation, that seems unlikely, but certainly something to look into. I had 12mm cammed pump "maxed" out by some shop in BC years ago. With 5k's in, it ran ok but the idle was terrible. With 4k's in it, the idle was better, but had absolutely no top end whatsoever. Maybe a similar story.

I'm in no way knocking Seth's work or doubting him.

Make sure your throttle linkage is set up properly and that your transmission TV cable isn't restricting full throttle travel. There is a TSB from back in the day on how to properly adjust the throttle linkage to get full travel. Make sure the plate is removed in the pump.

I adjusted all of those things on my pump one at a time and noticed a big improvement after each change.

That being said my 5x.016's were small for my setup and the 5x.018's aren't overfueling my turbos either. So you can definitely go bigger than your current 5x.014's if you want.

Back