Smeding Diesel Turbos....

JQmile

Comp Diesel Sponsor
Anybody have any experience with these guys? I guess they build their own stuff. Thinking of getting an 88.....

There is a reason smeding is cheaper than everything else, keep that in mind. If its cheap, it ain't good. If its good, it ain't cheap.

Ive got 22k miles on a chineezium $135 hx35. So i have to argue. Just because its not OEM or the masserati of performance parts doesnt make it obsolete. But I too have no experience with these folks. Lots of their stuff looks like OE rotating assemblies with their house covers and housings.

Ive had their stuff in my hands. Its meh. The chineezium stuff is 100% obsolete. Taking the stuff out of the box and running it is a gamble.

Their stuff is not oe CHRAs. It is hit and miss. We had several in for overhaul within the first year. Obviously we only see the bad as we are a turbo shop but the parts inside were mediocre. The sealing rings tell a lot of the tale on turbocharger quality. Cheap ones tend to wear from where the thrust flinger or the turbine shaft groove rides on them. Good quality stuff will take many many thousands of miles for that to happen. These were all pouring oil from there being almost no sealing ring left.

Take that for what whatever it is worth. $.02

Ive had their stuff in my hands. Its meh. The chineezium stuff is 100% obsolete. Taking the stuff out of the box and running it is a gamble.

Their stuff is not oe CHRAs. It is hit and miss. We had several in for overhaul within the first year. Obviously we only see the bad as we are a turbo shop but the parts inside were mediocre. The sealing rings tell a lot of the tale on turbocharger quality. Cheap ones tend to wear from where the thrust flinger or the turbine shaft groove rides on them. Good quality stuff will take many many thousands of miles for that to happen. These were all pouring oil from there being almost no sealing ring left.

Take that for what whatever it is worth. $.02

That all makes sense....thanks

I’ve been running their box 363 at or over 50 psi for almost 4 years now without a single issue. Advertised as a Borg Warner. Does the job well and I definitely don’t take care of it.

I’ve been running their box 363 at or over 50 psi for almost 4 years now without a single issue. Advertised as a Borg Warner. Does the job well and I definitely don’t take care of it.

Their S363 or a box borg warner S363?

I believe they just started making their own stuff the last year or two. Their kits are cheaper because they don't always fit perfect and sometimes they take the cheaper route. I've sold prob 6-8 of their kits and had good luck. Their S400 single kits are nice and fit great.

Back