View Single Post
Old 11-13-2018, 12:22 AM   #45
Bersaglieri

Name: Bersaglieri
Title: Ron Swanson's Brother
Member`s Gallery
It's factory intercooled, dated 1992 on the tag, I think it was from a 1993 truck. I didn't install headstuds on my 1997 and factory torqued head bolts have held compounds, towing, and peak boost near 78psi for about 8 years now. I'm not saying they don't help, but a my Excursion power level I am betting on the stockers.

Well guys, I need to upload some pictures as I am inching along. I got hammered at work, and not in the good way.

The Hiatt MFG motor motor mounts are welded up, painted, and ready for install. I have been doing a little work to the motor here and there when I have a free second. I ordered a pile of parts from DCS that should be here for the weekend. Also here is the "Ultra Low stall" converter from Phil and the valve body from Dorsey Diesel.

I think I am going to drop it in mostly stock with a 58/58/12, work some bugs out, and move up from there. I like starting with a simple baseline and logging results as I go. I certainly see some pump mods and possibly injectors at a later date.

I was going to put new seals and gaskets in, but honestly it doesn't look leaky compared to my 1997 motor. Oddly, I did find a sight glass plug in the block behind the pump. I think I am going to remove that. It has a soft plastic lens?? I just don't see a use for it, only becoming a problem later. I'm not sure what thread the hole is though. Also in the freeze plug behind the grid heater it has a "quick expand" freeze plug. The sort you put in and expand out with a bolt, it has a rubber body. Anyways, it doesn't look like it leaks, but I'm not sure I want to leave it in there either.

I will upload some pictures this week...
1994 - LT1 - 4L80e - Moser