View Single Post
Old 11-16-2018, 09:53 AM   #47
Bersaglieri

Name: Bersaglieri
Title: Ron Swanson's Brother
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by 9724VF350 View Post
Watching. I'm doing pretty much the same thing. My excursion project is back in the works now that I have a buyer once it runs and drives.

Putting together a engine for it. 18.5:1 pistons with a 60mm bowl, 178/208 camshaft, VE, a little bit of head work, undecided on turbo at this point. I've got some 6x? nozzles that I need to dig out and inspect. It may get a water to air cooler on it.

What are you doing for transmission control? I'm leaning toward a USshift Quick 4.
The US Shift Quick4 should be here any day now. I wanted to use PCS but was told my many that the Quick4 was better for someone who was not immersed in tuning programming. It also has the ability to change tunes on the interface, so you could change to a tow or performance tune without needing a laptop.

I was debating Hamilton's 178/208 cam. I knew it would be better for the Excursion than my 188/220 I have on the shelf. I really need to sell it since neither of my 6BT vehicles need power in that range. How much port work are you talking? I am all about area under the curve and gains from idle to 2800-3000rpm. I haven't read about it much but I have the feeling that I might loose the bottom end or MPG if I do portwork and/or a cam.
1994 - LT1 - 4L80e - Moser