2.6 ? Flat Beds

Valair1

Valair Inc. Clutch
Are flat beds allowed in 2.6? I looked on the site in the rule book and didn't find it, I would like to know before I haul my truck 800 plus miles. thanks

I know it would need to have a steel bed floor, but I don't think I have saw anything having to do with flatbeds.

So no aluminum flat beds?

The rules I have:
The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in OEM location for the body used. The vehicle must retain full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back half conversions, tube chassis, etc are prohibited.

Wish I could have edited my first post, no flatbeds in 2.6. Vehicle must retain full OEM chassis.

The truck is a cab and chassis, it did not come with a bed, if they didn't want to let flat beds in, why not just say no flat beds, seems simple enough.

The truck is a cab and chassis, it did not come with a bed, if they didn't want to let flat beds in, why not just say no flat beds, seems simple enough.

Simple enough and truck pulling? :hehe:
Sorry had to do it, hopefully someone from PPL can chime in.

Nope, but I do have a very light aluminum bed, guess I will just let it hang out in our booth, and build a different one for next yr. The PPL did call me and say no flat beds.

Could you not order a flat bed from factory?
They are upfitted at dealers so technically nothing comes from the factory with a flatbed.
I know morning about pulling. That said, how could a flat bed be an advantage at all?
If the flatbed is lighter than the factory bed it would allow you to hang more weight on the front.$.02

Sorry to hear Dan, shame to have rebuild/modify the Farm Truck or start over. Fiberglass bedsides in stake pockets?

Last edited:
Seriously? no flatbeds at all? Or is it the aluminum part they said no go to? I've never heard of a nutty rule against flatbeds, I can see where it would be a advantage to be able to hang a little more weight on the front but dam...

Id think it'd pretty much have to be a sheet of aluminum to be significantly lighter than a stock bed.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Back