New turbo rules?

DISTURBED

YEA WE RIDE THE SHORT BUS
So for the guys changing to the new 3.6 and 3.0 turbo rules, what are you doing. It's my understanding that hardly any 3.6 stuff has been tested or released. Our first hook is the end of April. So what is everyone doing? Waiting, building your own or what? I've asked a few times for prices and nobody wants to give an answer

The only one I know available, 3.0 slick face is harts...5500 a pop, other builders are still testing....I have been talking to infinite and he won't have anything probably till early summer?

There's more out there then just hart's. But of the few others out there I've heard some good numbers so far. Hope to see first hand in a soon

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I've spoken to a few that are just swapping wheels and covers but have not tested them. I'm contemplating just doing this myself to get by till they release something. I'm kinda running out of time since they have had since Nov to get something figured out. So I wonder what the hold up is? HP is far short of what they thought, are they not making it off the dyno or no one cares to build these and test them?

Isn't there a tractor class that runs a 3.6 smooth charger? I thought I remembered seeing some on pull off for sale a while back

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talking to harts, they said just changing wheel and cover will put down about 150 hp off their 3.0 slick face....not for sure if it is true or not, anyone know if the will build them on a t4 or still use t6?

Looks like they're using a much smaller turbine than what everyone thought was necessary back in December. They've run the GT42 on tractors for years smooth bore, not sure why a smaller cubic inch truck motor would need a g trim. Care to spill some beans on what you know Skyler?

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

I think 3.6 turbo class will be interesting as there isn't any spec 3.6 class or a definite goal for hp/price until people start releasing them. Plenty of shops have had good smoothbore 3.0 turbos sometime so I don't think you will see anything to spectacular. But still could be 100hp top to bottom. I'm guessing many would be suprised how much money is spent by different shops on turbo testing.

They've run the GT42 on tractors for years smooth bore, not sure why a smaller cubic inch truck motor would need a g trim.

Many classes use the GT42 because of the 3" turbine restriction, and a 3.0" smoothbore and a 3.0" protrusion turbo are very different.

I'm aware that there's a lot of difference. What I was referring to was that Precision had their 3.6 and 3.0 smooth bore hardware "for trucks" at PRI this year and both had the same frame, featuring the 4.25 turbine, just different covers and wheel. That's all I was talking about. Of course, they are the engineers and do this stuff for a living, but they said it was all untested. So here we are.
Oh, that and it was mentioned above that the smaller Harts smooth was a t4 base

Last edited:
I know for the 3.0 smoothbore we are allowed to run last years 2.6 chargers this year along with the 3.0SB chargers, I have heard other org's are doing the same thing. Think the 3.6SB class will do the same?

I know for the 3.0 smoothbore we are allowed to run last years 2.6 chargers this year along with the 3.0SB chargers, I have heard other org's are doing the same thing. Think the 3.6SB class will do the same?

Not from what I've heard so far

Back