Happy ELD day!

I wonder what the big catch is on the eld is? Time will tell besides what's obvious, someone will benefit from reinforcing it.

Vehicle speed and total miles off ecm, plus it uses GPS. Any VSS issues or GPS mismatch it's supposed to record a fault. this info gets uploaded to the service provider.

GPS makes it more difficult. I thought GPS was not standard ? Do they all have it ?

GPS makes it more difficult. I thought GPS was not standard ? Do they all have it ?

They need to have some sort of locating service. It does not make GPS mandatory. They can probably use cell service triangulation. Phones without GPS do this.

I know your a doctor an all and respect that, but would you like a government controlled monitor with you over every patient? Or start to wear a vest camara with a timer?

Trust me. I'm not advocating for it. I was just curious about how it worked. :Cheer:

To your specific question when I was in the cath lab we had to wear all kinds of monitors and had all kinds of limits that didn't make any sense. These days there are cameras and electronic logs in the majority of OR, Caths, and Hybrids. If you think the government is strict you should try a hospital administrator. hahaha.

You handled that well. I noticed my ER nurses would scan their badge and then my wrist band during my visit. I couldn't imagine the oversight involved.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder what the big catch is on the eld is? Time will tell besides what's obvious, someone will benefit from reinforcing it.

We already know the catch. Your mega fleets are the ones benefiting.
This is pushing the small businesses and owner operators out.

Your mega fleets have pennies on the dollar drivers, trailers galore that can be left at shippers and receivers, etc. it’s very clear who this is for and why it’s being pushed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

People think it is a coincidence the glider program is falling apart and ELDs are coming in at the same time and it is allllll for the benefit of the people and drivers? Dang. I thought we were better than this.

“The state of Missouri and all of its political subdivisions… shall not implement, enact, promulgate, codify, enter into, or enforce any law, rule, regulation, contract, or agreement relating to the federal electronic logging device…. that would require owners or drivers of commercial motor vehicles to install or to utilize an electronic device to manage, record, store, or report information reflecting the driver’s hours of service.”

At least Missouri gets it. The eld mandate is crony capitalism at its finest....
Missouri looks to forbid enforcement of ELD mandate within state lines

We are all still human and are not perfect

“The state of Missouri and all of its political subdivisions… shall not implement, enact, promulgate, codify, enter into, or enforce any law, rule, regulation, contract, or agreement relating to the federal electronic logging device…. that would require owners or drivers of commercial motor vehicles to install or to utilize an electronic device to manage, record, store, or report information reflecting the driver’s hours of service.”

At least Missouri gets it. The eld mandate is crony capitalism at its finest....
Missouri looks to forbid enforcement of ELD mandate within state lines

We are all still human and are not perfect

How did you ever come out with the woman demanding you install and ELD because “every truck has a diagnostic port”?

Back