Going crazy, need to blow something up...

ShaferDiesel

Way To Small!
Just got a divorce, and I need to do something stupid lol!

Looking for ideas to make good power from a 7.3 in my 02 F450, it's already a Hoss, I've currently got Rosewood stage 3 injectors and a Hydra with custom tunes on it and a powermax turbo. I've blown through multiple transmissions and instead of spending 5 grand on a BTS I went and spent 7 on building a 2400 allison and installing it, love it so far but we'll see if it can hold up to whats coming next...

Here's my half hatched plans
GTA4502v turbo, just because I have one, it's 71/102 VGT and seems to be within a decent size to push 800 HP on a 7.3, it's got a air pressure actuated VGT and I don't think it would be as hard as some other VGTs to tune and control, and maybe I can get decent response out of it.

Swamps 300/200 injectors, maybe I need 400/200 to do what I want?

I need to pick a good upgrade intercooler, maybe a banks technicooler? Whats good and cheap these days lol?

And I need to decide if I'm doing rods or not, and I might make that decision after I run it and see how quick the turbo comes on, don't really want to window the block but hell I guess If it puts on a good enough show I'll build another block I have here and post it on youtube!

Recipe for a fun disaster? Or recipe for a sluggish smokey turd?

i enjoy reading your creativity but feel the results will be less than impressive. Check out some of the builds on powerstroke army, there is a ton to learn on there,.

YUck. Call me crazy, but if I wanted one of those weird v8s, I would just go with a 6.0.

Why don’t you get a washing machine and some tannerite and just blow THAT up?

Why put all that effort in to blow it up if the HEUI fuel system likely wont keep up?
Just spray the **** out of it! Post a video tomorrow of the carnage :)

If I remember right thought the pmr’s failed at like 480-500 horse. Seen that firsthand with stage 2 single shots, beans tunes and a 38r and supporting mods. But good luck!

The actuator on those doesnt begin to move until ~27psi and half travel is in the neighborhood of 60psi and full travel at 90 psi. They aren't very handy to be controlled off of boost pressure. They are controlled from a vpod on the detroit application.

The actuator on those doesnt begin to move until ~27psi and half travel is in the neighborhood of 60psi and full travel at 90 psi. They aren't very handy to be controlled off of boost pressure. They are controlled from a vpod on the detroit application.

That can all be adjusted for with a little work.

I have forged rods in this motor, should hold 700 hp with easy tuning and not too agressive on the boost.

Back