62/65/12

SmokeN 12 ValvE

Diesel Enthusiast
I have a new never installed HTT HTB2 62/65/12 for a 2nd gen, I bought it back in April with the intention of putting it on my 1500 project, but I am going to take a break from the diesel stuff for a while.

I would like to get $1200 shipped for it, but I'm open to offers. I'll get some pics up later.

bump with some pics
Picture010.jpg

Picture009.jpg

Picture008.jpg

Picture012.jpg

so how different is the 12v turbo flange from the CR? and will the oil lines line up?

...in other words, how hard would it be to attach this to my '03?

I'm
interested. What DP? Hx40? What is driveabilty like on a 6speed? I'm wanting this for my mega cab.

I'm
going to run 2nd gen manifold. What compressor elbow dies it use? Stock hx35 style?

Devin, I've got the elbow you need, you need a 90* elbow, not the factory 70* 2nd gen elbow. You also need the pass side intercooler pipe and a 3" boot. Make one weld and you're golden

Also call E.D. and get one of their wastegate actuators, will make your life a lot easier

:)

Devin, this is what my 2nd gen in a CR pipe looks like:

IMG_1179.jpg

you can see an extra 2nd gen first IC pipe above it for reference... take the stock 3rd gen IC pipe, cut it to length and butt weld it to the 2nd gen IC pipe. Use the 2nd gen IC boot (or equivalent 3" hump hose) and that attaches to the 90* Cummins elbow.

The factory 2nd gen elbow is NOT a 90!!!!

there's more than one way to skin a cat, but this is how I skin mine. bolt up a 2nd gen HX40 downpipe, and you're in business.

Ain't that just snazzy Forest! Thanks for all the info. You think I'd benifit better from this turbo oppossed to the silver 62, Forest?

As soon as the Army pays me within the next few days or so I'll have the coin to get a turbo. I'll be in Cali next two weeks training so might not be able to be too quick on getting it. I'm interested but not for sure smoken 12valve.

well, they're two extremes... I see no need for a 74mm turbine with a 62mm compressor. You could certainly deal with larger than a 62/65 with your 6sp, but it'll be super responsive and will work good in twins later

Back