View Single Post
Old 11-13-2011, 09:18 PM   #28
pistazie

Name: pistazie
Title: interloper
Member`s Gallery
I'm really happy with the daily driver tune Zach provided for my truck through a local diesel performance shop near Edmonton, Alberta.

Loved the power I had with the previous tuner, but the smoke could be really obnoxious at times driving around town and towing.

What I have now with this EFI Live tune provided by StarLite is a virtually smokeless truck with lots of power, and the low-rpm injector rattle I had with the other tuner is also now gone. Good spool-up. Power comes on much more smoothly through the rpm. I'm really pleased with it, and also how Zach worked with my local shop to get exactly what I wanted - we tried out a couple of things before this one, starting out conservative...

In-town MPG is also improved, although its probably even better than I think because I am running the ESPAR coolant heater a couple of hours a day at this time of year. I've got better MPG now with 120 nozzles than the stock truck. I look forward to tweaking this tune a bit more to decrease the EGTs a tad. And I think I'll be needing a race tune for next summer!

Will keep you updated when there is something else to tell....towing, dyno or track numbers etc.. Thanks Zach!

Daniela

Some truck details:
  • 2006 QC 4x4
  • Reman engine with about 10,000 km.
  • Icebox, cool tube, Magnaflow TBE duals, Silverbullet 66. ATS manifold, Glacier Diesel 2um fuel filter+big line kit.AFE intercooler, Fluidampr, PPE dual CP3 kit, 110# Hamilton springs + pushrods. DDP 120 HP nozzles. Tunnel Ram. Stage 2 Colt cam. "spool aid thingy" FASS 220
  • 48RE: DTT VB, TC. and other bits Flexplate.
Click the image to open in full size.