Dash Woes

Mudn_1

Sweet Home
So, of course my 95' Dash is complete junk.... There are only replacement tops and I want to at least change the color.... that being said, what are the options?

New Dash top replace and paint for a color change?

Newer 2nd gen dash swap?

Something custom?

I havent came up with any real good ideas short of an all aluminum or retrofit a newer one... which I am not sure I am committed enough to do...

So, of course my 95' Dash is complete junk.... There are only replacement tops and I want to at least change the color.... that being said, what are the options?

New Dash top replace and paint for a color change?

Newer 2nd gen dash swap?

Something custom?

I havent came up with any real good ideas short of an all aluminum or retrofit a newer one... which I am not sure I am committed enough to do...

Genos garage has replacement dash's! Good quality.

Go on ebay and find one from a seller in the far north, from what ive heard there are a lot of rusty trucks up in canada with pristine dashes in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Go on ebay and find one from a seller in the far north, from what ive heard there are a lot of rusty trucks up in canada with pristine dashes in them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ever seen what minus 30 degrees can do to plastic?
It makes it very brittle AND shrinkage (contraction) does the rest.
Most of the (formerly) nice 98+ dash tops I had, cracked in the cold of winter.

Mark.

My second one is cracked now. Pisses me off. Dash parts plus has one with a lifetime warranty.

Mine is painted a chocolate brown color. Was that ever a factory option? Seen another online painted the same. Looks good over tan I think. I have been eyeballing longhorn seats. Think they would look good together.

Kind of screwed on the lower part. Junkyard maybe.

Ever seen what minus 30 degrees can do to plastic?
It makes it very brittle AND shrinkage (contraction) does the rest.
Most of the (formerly) nice 98+ dash tops I had, cracked in the cold of winter.

Mark.

Both of my '98s had pristine dashes. My 12v still does. I actually think I tossed the one from my 24v when I parted it out. A bit of a shame in hindsight. But of all the trucks I've been in (admittedly not a huge number, but enough) dash cracking is a very small issue up here.

Back