View Single Post
Old 12-17-2017, 08:54 AM   #31
bigstacks95

Name: bigstacks95
Title: Diesel Doc
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by ComnRailPwr View Post
Winching on/into the trailer becomes a must. Pits wouldn't be too bad if you don't have a pit vehicle. it does have drawbacks but pit and loading convenience does not outweigh the money I have spent on breakage and lost pulls.some of this is irrelevant but I did 8-9 runs this year and broke 271 transfer case twice, transmission once, rear axle once, 3 rear ring pinions, 2 front ring pinions, broken turbo elbow once and 1 exploded cp3 pump. Was not a good season. Reliability not is my most important factor. At this point I would rather be reliable and not win rather than break every time and bring home wins.
Thats defiantly the way to be. I've spent too many years with broken stuff and the embarrassment of making half track runs every week. That being said I have yet to break an NV4500 so this years setup for me will be NV4500 trans, drop box, and rockwell axles front and rear. We will see if the weak point transfers to the NV. Our tracks aren't sticky enough out here to see the breakage you midwest guys do.

58 Dodge Power Wagon 3.0 Limited Pro Stock diesel pulling truck

2020 Ram 3500 HO/Aisin Laramie/night tow rig