Two Guys Garage

curious, what is the ar of the new housing?

The vane allows it to vary the apparent housing size. IIRC .88 a/r is the large size. Gwoody can answer it better, I had this conversation with them and I forget.

Last edited:
Also known as a "twin scroll" turbo. MHI has a setup like this...

It doesnt really change the size, just the airflow around the turbine wheel IIRC.

Last edited:
Also known as a "twin scroll" turbo. MHI has a setup like this...

It doesnt really change the size, just the airflow around the turbine wheel IIRC.

Hence why I said "apparent" Lots of work has been done on the optimization of the vein design. I have seen the turbo in action and it is very impressive. Rivals a small set of twins in performance.

Are you sure about the terminology of the twin scroll? Do you have a link describing it. My definition of a twin scroll is basically a divided housing, but I have been mistaken before.

Last edited:
Those two morons almost cost me a phone when I tried to slap the taste out of their mouths for being so stupid.

Sema

Blaylock/Switchblade Turbos will be at Sema this year, Booth 32207, if you are there please stop by and see us.

Does not look like it has anything in common with those twin scroll/diverter valve set ups. More like a different take on a VGT style charger. What sizes are these available in?

Does not look like it has anything in common with those twin scroll/diverter valve set ups. More like a different take on a VGT style charger. What sizes are these available in?

Currently one size, 63 mm compressor, the exhaust housing is 18 cm.

I have had some questions regarding the operation of the Switchblade Turbo. "How does it work?" Click on the link for a video with a cut a way view of how the blade directs the exhaust flow into the turbine wheel.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POcGkJPsqyE&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POcGkJPsqyE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Back