6.7 QSB piston style

I wouldn't cut the deck on an already fragile 6.7 block and loose any more strength

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anybody had problems doing this on a short rod 6.4 build, with a standard bore block, at under 1k HP ?

I really like the idea of adding some displacement without having to buy any additional parts outside of a good 6.7 block.
But if it's a build that's known to fail at my power goal, then of course I would have to reconsider.

Just pulled the trigger on a standard bore 6.7 block. Thanks Mark Nixon, and j.fondler !

Lol. I've already got one going on CF. I don't think my build is CompD worthy. Lol... Someday, when I do my '08, that one I hope will be worthy.

Has anybody had problems doing this on a short rod 6.4 build, with a standard bore block, at under 1k HP ?

I honesty don't think you would have an issue with the block under 1000hp. What changed my mind on going to billet rods is I was warned a common rail can bend a 12v rod(peened or polished) as easy as breaking a stock CR rod. So I guess I wanted the piece of mind. But for your build if you don't plan on going over 1000k and are just going to daily drive it I'd say you'd be fine especially with a 5.9 crank having a slightly lower crank angle. Bending a rod is better than breaking one.

Back