View Single Post
Old 01-10-2018, 10:05 PM   #1445
NakeDiesel

Name: NakeDiesel
Title: Smoke'n in the Mud
Member`s Gallery
Been a busy few days, Sunday, it was a light rain all day and I crashed hard Saturday night and slept late. First time I've done that in a long time. Since it was wet and staying wet, the boys and I dragged all that old scrap wood out to where I wanted to burn it and after a little coaxing with diesel and a propane torch, we got it lit and it started off slow and then came to roaring life after it dried out the wood. Managed to get all that old lumber burned to a small pile of ashed and bits of metal. Now I need to get out there when it's light out and get all the metal out of the pile.

Monday night, I worked on getting stuff ready for taxes and pulled my 99 beater into the shop and got the base of the bale spike put on the truck. Injection pump and old parts arrived back from Seth, all ready to go for this season. Are 215 pump cams worth anything?

Tuesday the parts arrived and I went to work getting hoses plumbed, cylinder installed, etc... Had to pick up another hose while in Skiatook for the monthly Legion meeting and got it on and filled it with fluid. I roughed in the wiring of the two solenoids and ran the power up to the battery and got the controller in the cab and ran them back to the spike. Roughed in the wiring with the diodes in place and worked the air out. It extended the ram. Great.... No retraction. Crap. Fooled around with it for a bit then decided the hell with it and came in the house at 10:30.

Today was the first day of 2 of all day meetings at work (yeah, great fun) for quarterly planning for our team and the 2 other development teams in our group. Total Cluster this time around. They decided we need to save money this time so they didn't bring in the remote developers and didn't cater lunch. Looks like I will have my work cut out for me this quarter, I've got some major changes to my matching environment I've created that's going to take atleast the whole quarter to implement and test it all out end to end... They didn't find my risks I listed when we were going over them of me getting a better job offer as a high risk.... no sense of humor in these people or sense of reality... Company has been loosing good developers for a while now, down 3 at this point in time from those walking in the last couple of weeks, and IT overall is even worse. Annual "raise" was a joke this year and we are under mandatory budget tightening, so no training classes, etc... But we have a ton of money in the back for acquisitions in the industries we are in and no debt at all. Company has really changed since the old CEO retired and the board put a bean counter in place as CEO. Well, enough *****ing about that. Ran at lunch and bought a bottle of Nitrogen.

So when I got home tonight I recharged both of my front shocks after changing out the hoses. Charged each to 210 where they were before I changed out the hoses. New low loss gauge works great for testing pressures, deflating and recharging.

Next moved on to the spike to figure out the issue with retraction. Ended up pulling the valve assembly out and found that when installing it I mucked up one of the backup teflon seals, so tomorrow I've got to try and track down a new one... Finished up final wiring up everything, tying up the lines under the truck. The main power lines have new quick connect fittings on them and used a 4 way trailer plug for the control connection.

Click the image to open in full size.

Thanks to my sponsors: CP-Carrillo, Air Dog, Muldoons Diesel Performance, Power Driven Diesel, Diesel Performance Converters