View Single Post
Old 11-08-2017, 02:54 PM   #1
Blue12valve

Name: Blue12valve
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
47RH air testing and teardown inspection

Hey guys,

I have 47rh that I rebuilt myself that is having some issues. I installed alta red clutches, replaced all seals/ gaskets, billet servos, Goerend valve body and triple disc converter and replaced the cooler. The rebuilt transmission worked awesome for about 3k miles. I did a helacious burnout and it started shifting strange from that point on. It would fall out of gear randomly while driving, free revving like it was in nuetral until I stopped, shut the truck off and restarted, all gears are back and shifting well after restarting. Very strange. I checked the fluid level, it was full and was not burned. There are no external trans fluid leaks on the transmission. I think it has a serious hydrolic leak inside, have a hard time believing the pump stopped producing but I guess anything is possible.

Fast forward, I pulled the 47rh out and put an nv5600 in it’s place. Now I have this expensive paper weight that I would like to try and fix but I dont wan’t to just throw a seal kit at it, I want to find the leak or other issue in trans first. Aside from air testing the different passages in the transmission, is there anyway I can inspect/ test the pump with the transmission out of the truck? Is there anyway to test the govornor as well? What else should I look at besides torn or rolled seals? Thanks for any help!