Let's see your weight brackets.......again.

Same here, used two recievers on the old truck.

IMGA0339.JPG

wieght_bracket_and_batt_disconect.jpg

BBD

What I always wondered was how do the guys that don't use the front reciever attach it to the truck? Is it into the frame like the one above?

Thanks,
Rick

Com-on guy's have faith, it was excatly 60"s and would be less with a regular bumper. The Road Armor pushed it out hence so close to the bumper, at first it was like 61 1/2" and I had to grind the gussets on the back of the bracket down to push it in closer. After making that I wasn't getting D-Qed :)

BBD

Thanks! It took a lot of time trying to work around the brush guard. I thought by hanging the weights sideways it would get them out that much further to the 60'' mark. A little bit of powdercoating, fancy sticker, and :cheer: done.

Don't forget, loss of weights under the green is a DQ. Ive seen lots that will hang the weight fine, but they wont take a shock load. Don't think there is a shock load? Watch them bounce in a video. Thoughtful gusseting goes along way.

Better start fabbing some DS loops and U-joint shields if you wanna pull anywhere besides the small pulls brett!

i started mine this weekend because everywhere i'll be pulling requires them, and none of them allow hanging weights. the Buck in Pa tho has a stupid rule of OEM front bumper because they don't want any extra weight out front.

Sledpuller said:
Don't forget, loss of weights under the green is a DQ. Ive seen lots that will hang the weight fine, but they wont take a shock load. Don't think there is a shock load? Watch them bounce in a video. Thoughtful gusseting goes along way.

Yeah i still have to put a plate on the one side and something else to keep them tight. They have to be slide on sideways so the cant pop off as long as theres something on the ends to keep them from sliding off

Signature600 said:
Looks Good...looks like the bracket worked!

Chris

Yeah worked out good after I got my lazy butt up and built the bracket for the truck and hitch, I still have to get the bolts for the holders I did get the rusted ones out thanks to Crafstman and damaged bolt remover :rockwoot:.
Brandon

Back