Where are the best places to lose weight?

It really depends on how you want everything to look and function. Just looking at the truck and assuming you want form over function, I would start with the rear axle, wheels/tires, brakes, and back half it or at least 4-link the rear. You could probably save 500lbs with all those parts total.

And you would get better performance from them, not just the weight savings.

Beautiful truck BTW.

It really depends on how you want everything to look and function. Just looking at the truck and assuming you want form over function, I would start with the rear axle, wheels/tires, brakes, and back half it or at least 4-link the rear. You could probably save 500lbs with all those parts total.

And you would get better performance from them, not just the weight savings.

Beautiful truck BTW.

Thanks!

I want a balance of form AND function.

Has anyone chopped out the main floor of the bed and put in a plastic bedliner? Maybe just leave a little bit in there to support it? Id like to try it when i get my truck going to shed some weight but not looked hacked up

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has anyone chopped out the main floor of the bed and put in a plastic bedliner? Maybe just leave a little bit in there to support it? Id like to try it when i get my truck going to shed some weight but not looked hacked up

I considered doing this when I was building my RCSB truck and welding in cross bars underneath where the bed floor would have been to "sit" the slicks in, and then strap them down. Without a bed floor i think it would take a lot fasteners to secure the bedliner in due to wind turbulence.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Not sure if you said you have done it yet or not. But swapping to discs in the rear save a bunch of weight aswell. You can cut the front clip a lot. On the drag truck I’m building the full front clip and core support is only about 125lbs combined

You could check out turbatom on youtube if no one else mentioned it,

He has a few videos of cutting the bed up and he is now working on removing a lot of metal from the cab on his 4th gen regular cab.

Back