Steering stabilizer/shocks?

Also on the spring clamps, where are you recommending the placement? Think each video i found on YouTube so far puts them on differently. I have a thought of my own, but curious what worked for you?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Have you checked the alignment of the vehicle? and the motor mounts. Also could be the front dampener has gone out and a combination of all can lead to excessive vibration. Wives old truck had same issue come to find out one tie rod was loose and was out 1/8th of an inch cause horribe vibration at 65mph. I know it sucks chasing all these things down. I just did headgasket that turned into tappet cover, mount mounts, turbo rebuild, new radiator :( yea I feel the pain.

It "might" be fixed, haven't driven on the freeway yet, but otherwise felt ok. I'll try to give a complete list of everything I've done so far.

New tires/wheels
Alignment
New front brakes- '05 upgrade
New u-joints in front axle
Had both drive shafts checked, new joint in rear, front is still in the toolbox in the bed.
New shocks and steering stabilizer.
All new brakes on the rear axle- was still original!

I think that's everything. Oh, they also did seals on the rear axle at the same time. Might try driving it to work one day this week, see if it is fixed!

Update. Well had a ~6hr road trip on Sunday to drop a tractor off, still have the vibration. Not as bad, or as constant, but definitely still there. Not sure where to go next, I know the clutch could be re-shimed. That's kinda where I'm at now, thinking something in clutch/transmission/transfer case. Worst part of that is taking this giant 6spd out! I'll probably just live with it for a while now, don't really have it in the budget right now.
Aside from the intermittent vibration, and the deleted a/c, the trip sunday was otherwise uneventful, pretty smooth, a welcome day really!

Deleted AC? You're crazy.

Yeah, I'd start looking at your rotating components from the crank to the output shaft. It could even be really bad gear meshing I suppose.

Back