View Single Post
Old 04-04-2020, 09:25 PM   #1
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I think I killed my DTT 47RE

Barely has reverse, no forward, line pressure was 25 or less, mostly low single digits

I gambled and it got me.
I still don't have a trans temp wired and I hadn't checked line pressure.
I'm going to have to brush up on my nomenclature.
I don't remember what I was doing, but I pulled the "front" clutch pack apart back in early 2018 before I had the engine built for the Ford. I do remember I was going to replace the pump and it looked good. I ended up rebuilding and upgrading the clutch pack because I caught one or two of the clutches. I put a new band in it.

Anyway, it would rattle the dash on the shifts and rock your head back. On Wednesday I noticed it didn't kick the same, but had also change the throttle scaling on the anteater so that it was shifting at a different RPM vs throttle input.

I drove it this morning, normal operation. I got called in to work, and I changed the oil while I was there. I popped a pressure gauge on to the fitting, but the digital readout had a low battery. I started out from the shop and the fitting popped off the port. No big deal, it's self sealing, but I'm too big to get under the running board and put the gauge hose back on, especially with the now hot exhaust. So I throw the gauge hose in the floor board and come home. 13 miles of KY backroad, mostly 3rd gear ~2300rpm and 60mph.
I have one 90 Degree turn up a 10% grade, down a hill, and then about 1.5 miles and a stop sign. I usually push the truck some but nothing too crazy. No problems. Another stop sign, roll through it, 1/8 mile to the house and pull into the driveway.

I put the truck in park and notice what feels like a miss, the rpm and rail P are hunting. Hear an odd noise and smoke rolls out under the cab. I thought I cooked a cylinder. I jump out and open the hood, and the smoke is all at the bell housing. I get the wife to come out and Rev it so I can check for blow by. No blowby, and now no smoke. I watch it idle for another good two minutes and see nothing. Shut it off. The fan had barely run enough to blow the smoke. I decided the belt had gotten hot with the fan load. I went on about my afternoon and dusk decide I'm going to go cruise around. I decide to pull in to the grass and clip on the pressure gauge. Get that done, try to pull out of the grass in reverse and the truck won't move. I have single digits on the gauge. I shut it down and restart, and it build about 25psi and pulls out of the grass and the stops. I pull it into drive and pressure is at 3psi.

I guess I will know more in the morning when I get the pan down. Has 5000 miles on it and I haven't changed the filter yet. I was actually planning to do that tm.

Sent from my motorola one vision using Tapatalk

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250

Last edited by biggy238; 04-04-2020 at 09:27 PM.