View Single Post
Old 08-05-2007, 05:24 AM   #1
Jff24Gordn

Name: Jff24Gordn
Title: FIRE
Member`s Gallery
redneck fuel system

Not to be out done by sombrero man, I have been working on my own fuel system. So far tonight I have got my pickup for the tank fabed up. I as wanting a big screen on the pickup to prefilter the fuel, yet still not suck air before the tank is empty.
My pickup is a 100 micron screen the size of a coke can with a 3/4" pipe fitting on top. It has a bypass on the bottom if the screen gets plugged. It is inside a 20oz can of pineapples that I stole from my wife. A little JB weld and a washer, and it looks pretty good in my Jeff Foxworthy view of the world.
This is the second time Ive re-engineered the fuel module. The first time I had the can rip off where it screwed on the cap. I fixed it then with -6 aeroquip AQP and it was still in good shape when I took it off. I am now going to have one strip of the metal part hanging down to mount the sender on and the strainer will be sitting on the bottom of the tank on a stiff -8 TFE hose.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fuel1.jpg (12.1 KB, 378 views)
File Type: jpg fuel2.jpg (17.1 KB, 353 views)
File Type: jpg fuel3.jpg (15.4 KB, 430 views)
File Type: jpg fuel4.jpg (16.7 KB, 452 views)
I heard what sounded like a Pro truck ripping down the track. I looked up just in time to hear it catch 1 more gear & the lights went 7.xxx. I said out loud "holy chit that was a stick shift!!!!
06 LJ Rubicon
17 T/A 392