View Single Post
Old 07-11-2015, 07:38 AM   #10
Iron-Hyde

Name: Iron-Hyde
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawdog View Post
Listen, im just trying to help. Dont be a dick. I have built a track and gone thru the aches and pains. Just pointing out that what you are thinking about doing could possibly ruin the track. Thats all.
I don't think I was being a dick at all, we are very open to suggestions, but we did not go in this alone without any help or knowledge from others either. When we built the track originally, we did what we could do with drainage before Derek Lavoie helped us by spreading 8" of loamy clay on top of a hard gravel road. We knew it wasn't ideal, but it worked pretty well the first year for what we needed to do. The second year, Derek and crew came back and helped work the track again, but unfortunately a rain day pretty much destroyed all of what we tried to fix. We did not have the permission or the manpower to keep the track from eroding in the seasons that it wasn't being used at a pulling track. A lot of our investment was washed away a couple of times. Recently, we have had more help, more manpower, and we are planning to make this track better, safer, and more useable year-long. I am not in charge by any means, it is the farm's land that they allow us to use. Everything that we do has to be cost-effective and minimally intrusive to their operations.

So while we are very open to suggestions, like I said, we are also not able to appease everyone's wishes.
"Sore Subject"-2001 Chevy with DTS Cam and Heads, Big Dipper Trans Kit, HTT turbo, Exergy Injectors, CryO2, Full Cage, Custom paint by Full Tilt Auto Body and Keith Brick Designs, custom vehicle controls by BT Dieselworks