View Single Post
Old 09-10-2011, 06:48 AM   #1
4bt bowtie

Name: 4bt bowtie
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
4BT Power Recipie

I am looking for any input as to what would be required to get approx. 350 RWHP from a 4BT, either a VE or P-pump. So far I have only come across VE pump engines but info for a P-Pump model would be nice. I Plan on rebuilding the engine from the ground up and having the rotating assembly balanced. I am considering shot peening the connecting rods just to add some extra strength for future plans while I’m in there. I have seen a few people use the PDR diesel camshaft for the 4bt with good results and curious as to how much of an improvement it is over stock. Does anyone know? The engine will have an intercooler. For the VE pump I’m going with the obvious: 3500 rpm governor spring, probably a fuel pin and some meticulous tuning. I am guessing a set of POD injectors would be required for this power level but I may be wrong. I am going to use head studs for good measure and I am thinking of running a compound turbo set up, perhaps an early model H1C with the 9cm2 turbine over an hx40 or something along those lines. The engine is going in a 1990 Chevy S10 and my goal is to have a RELIABLE daily driver that barely smokes when it is all said and done. Any knowledge would be much appreciated.