View Single Post
Old 10-17-2018, 08:16 PM   #127
biggy238

Name: biggy238
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
I didn't take disassembly pictures, but I tried to get a few during assembly, so I'm going to post them in reverse.

Pull the drive flanges. I used a 3 jaw otc puller. Nuts were metric. I used 1 1/8" and 1 1/2" sockets to pull the retaining nuts.
Click the image to open in full size.
Remove the input seal. Remove the snap ring from the input shaft. Use snap ring spreaders. Life is too short to dick around with snap rings.

Pull the 13mm bolts that hold the (input housing?) and set it aside. You can see the oil pump at this point.
The oil pump has a plastic sump that indexes the pump. Take a flat screwdriver or needle nose pliers and pull directly outward on the sump tube. Remove the pump.

You can remove two snap rings and slide the chain and sprockets off their respective shafts.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

I didn't take a good picture of the main shaft, but you can give it a stern yank and it will come out of the clutch assembly and input shaft.
Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

05.5 Campanella White TDi Jetta 5spd 45.5MPG
-Little Sexy
'10 Silver F250 CCLB 4X4 6.4L cummins Swapped
Insta @trash.panda250

Last edited by biggy238; 10-17-2018 at 08:29 PM.