View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 11:01 AM   #15090
jfaulkner

Name: jfaulkner
Title: Douche Hunter
Member`s Gallery
Truckers, lets see your rigs!

Quote:
While I'm curious how the outlet elbow works, I would still keep it and run its own heat exchanger and pump.

Is this the one you posted the charge air Temps from? The ~450° is consistent with what I was trained on. The liquid cooler dropped Temps to just above coolant temp from what I remember. Target manifold inlet temp is always 100 degrees for emissions engines. I don't know why that is the magic number.
Intake temps before cooler removal was 130's on a hard pull on a 90*day and water temps would easily be 225*. After the removal, intake temps are in the 145* range on the same grade and coolant rarely sees much over 200* and this is on my daycab that's 800hp. If a truck that’s 300hp over stock doesn’t need it I can’t see how 500hp needs it. I have found zero downfall to removing the "cooler". On the 5EK in the pic the intake temp is 136* with NO cooler and a less than ideal factory CAC. It would be a huge PITA to add a second radiator and electric pump to fix a non existent issue.

My turbo outlet temp was 471* and the Duralite cooled it to 113*, not sure how you could improve that.

Last edited by jfaulkner; 01-12-2018 at 11:07 AM.