View Single Post
Old 02-11-2010, 08:23 PM   #11
SuperSonic

Name: SuperSonic
Title: El Vato
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duramax2006 View Post
It sounds like its going to be a killer setup. My question is why P-pump a duramax???? I know the common rail can only go so far but why the major pump swap???? My question is WHY???? Enlighten me please
The common rail system, at this time, with components available now, will not perform on this level. This engine will make around 2200-2500 HP and turn as much as 7k RPM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPEAKSUP View Post
Sonic doesn't the rule exclude your truck soon as you go to a stroker crank. I thought the crank had to be stock in the mod class.

Someone else just posted a tractor that uses a P Pump that is belt driven in the Valley see if I can find the link.

Honestly cost wise unless your going into the Mod class it's pointless. Or you have tons of fabrication skills and the tools and the money for a pump.

The rules state that our engines can be no larger than 460 cubic engines, and the block must be from a 1 ton or less pickup truck or a dimensionally identical aftermarket replacement. It has to accept and swing a stock crank.
We are at this time planning on using stock block and head castings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by longhorn859 View Post
Sometimes I feel like giving up....then I remember I have a lot of motherfukkers to prove wrong.