View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 02:08 PM   #1
Cheesegrindr12v

Name: Cheesegrindr12v
Title: Green Behind the Ears
Member`s Gallery
2000 Dodge V10 to 12V conversion swap

I am in the process of swapping a 95 12valve into a 2000 V10 truck. The donor truck was a 1995 3500 2WD NV4500 Dually. The truck its going into is a 2000 Dodge 3500 V10 NV4500. So a few of the big items are already simplified by not swapping transmissions. The truck is getting a color change from black to Viper red in the conversion process. The bed is off on its own frame and has already been POR15'ed underneath with a top coat of black anti rust paint. The frame of the truck will get the POR15 treatment as well. My goal is to complete the conversion and have all factory gauges work and everything like cruise control, ABS, and tach work as designed. I am staying with the V10 wiring harness. It has been disected and everything not needs has been disgarded. I am going to use the V10 PCM also. The 12v doesnt require anything, and I dont see any point in changing it. I will not be running a fuel heater or grid heater. I just dont think i need them. What I have done to the conversion so far has been--- I removed the fuel tank and installed the new FASS sump, -10AN to FASS 150. -8AN to Y block at P-pump and dual inlet at pump. At Y block i have a fuel pressure sensor for gauge in dash. -6AN for return. Removed the power and ground pins from fuel pupm and just the gauge works now. The alternator i was having problems with trying to figure out what i could do to activate the 12v alt with the V10 pcm. I finally took the connector to NAPA and found that a 24Valve alt plugs into the V10 connector and bolts into place on the 12v. The questions I have are... If i pull the pins on the V10 harness for the Crank sensor and put the 12v connector on the v10 harness to use a 12v crank sensor, will the tack work and alt charge? Or, do i need a V10 Crank sensor, and will it work on my balancer? Or, do i need a home made- custom made tone ring? If i do, where can i find one? Second, the coolant temp sensor in the rear of the head is huge and a 1 wire. I have the V10 CTS, but is there a adapter to put it in the big hole back there? Or is there a way to make the 12v CTS work with the V10 gauge? If I remember correctly the 24V CTS is in the Tstat housing? I dont really want to buy another housing though. Other than That Everything is going Smooth. Feel free to give input, and I will be posting pics up soon. I will also be putting a brand new F550 Dana Super 60 in the front of this beast also.