Which efi live buyer to go with

skyler1101

looking into efi live for my 06 mega cab just wondering what is the best option to go with i saw the spade with 5 option tuning. is there anyone else that sells one like this that is better then another? i am no good tuning myself.... Thanks guys

There are quite a few good tuners on here. Ourselves, Les from silver bullet tuning, Rich from Doghouse, Dan from dan's diesel, Zach from starlite. just to name a few.

well i just want an easy way to go about this i have never gotten into the efilive scene that much dont no how it works thats why the spade tuner looks like an easy way to do it i have always had a smarty s06 set on level 7 and i use my foot to not slip the tranny.. I basically want efi live i want one tune that is strictly mileage like serious mileage i can make 17 and thats driving very very nice and i dont have big tires bone stock truck soon to have an air intake and a five inch exhaust though but i need a mileage tune and then a light tow tune basically for my snowmobiles to the mountains and then i need a all out race tune that will push the transmission to its maximum limits but not slip it

The beauty of EFILive is the ability to have one tune that does everything from mileage to max power, unless you have a highly modified truck.

Sounds like you would be a good candidate for one of our autocal's (same hardware as a spade with our tunes). Give us a call and we can answer any questions you have about tuning.

The Spade is an Autocal with a different sticker on it...The autocal/Spade is going to be shipped to you with the tunes of your choice, similar to buying a box tuner like your smarty. The V1 V2 give you the options of customizing your tunes your self. Just a quick description. hope this helps.

I like Dan's Diesel Performance, he did my 06. Not saying the others aren't good, I just don't have experience with them.

Last edited:
If phale doesnt get you setup give me a call 740-248-6619 id love to help you out, thanks Danny, Toops performance

Phale at anarchy diesel hooked my up with some good tunes! I got the v2 from a buddy that never used his, so that's what I'm using! That's how I would suggest!

Every tuner deep down inside would like to think there the best... Truth is a lot of time tunes are only as good as the mods on the truck.. we can't make junk parts become good.. go with someone who has results... There are a few on here I'd like to think I know what om doing aswell. Goodluck if ypu need anything just ask.

Back