View Single Post
Old 06-09-2017, 08:46 AM   #1
OBXdieselAddict

Name: OBXdieselAddict
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
AirdogII 200gpm Electrical Issue (blowing inline fuse)

What's up guy's.

So yesterday I left work and a couple miles down the road I was sitting at a stoplight and I started getting a little hazy and started idling weird, fuel pressure dropped and the truck shut down. As soon as I tried to turn it over again I noticed my pump didn't turn on. Both 10amp fuses in the fuse box were ok but the inline 20amp was popped. I replaced it and the pump turned on and truck ran fine for about 20 seconds and shut down again. Checked the fuse and it was popped again.

I figured the relay(I think that's what the little box was could have gone bad or maybe the pump so I tried to trouble shoot by unplugging the pump(at the pump) replaced the fuse again and cycled the ignition on without starting the truck. Fuse didn't pop. As soon as I plugged the pump back in it blew the fuse again.

What should I do next to trouble shoot where my problem is?

Another strange thing is that the truck will not run with the pump not on. I do have 1/2in. lines to and from the cp3 and valley could it maybe not have enough pressure from the tank to push to the cp3 with only a quarter tank of fuel? Shouldn't the CP3 be able to run the truck on its own without the Airdog running?