View Single Post
Old 01-10-2013, 01:26 PM   #65
oldturbonut

Name: oldturbonut
Title: Rookie
Member`s Gallery
Air Operated Turbo

OK, here is the deal on why we recommend an upgrade exhaust manifold with the Switchblade turbo, this turbo has an exhaust housing that is twice as large as stock so that with the Switchblade we can have good low end spool up and then on top end have lower back pressure allowing you to put more fuel in and cram more air in for bigger power plus it reduces EGT's. We figured most guys are more interested in towing performance than drag racing so we are able to achieve quick spool and 1 to 1 boost to back pressure and depending on other parameters even have higher boost than back pressure. IF you are willing to trade a little higher egt's and back pressure to save the cost of the upgraded exhaust manifold then you can do that as long as you understand that up front. With the stock exhaust manifold which is tuned for faster velocity of the exhaust gas you should see even quicker spool up and if you aren't going balls to the wall with fueling, timing etc I believe you will be very happy. I read your post and realized that we had been remiss in not explaining our reasoning better, I apologize for that.