View Single Post
Old 12-12-2017, 03:14 PM   #39
Justappumped24v

Name: Justappumped24v
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrider2911 View Post
You won’t see me milling valves as that is not necessary for my modifications. You will however see me designing and milling my own solenoid blocks, adapter plates, and block off plates... as well as lasering out my own brackets and such. Oh and yes, before you ask; of course i harvested my own high purity CO2, helium, and nitrogen for the CO2 laser! What kind of a built not bought guy would i be? ��

I might mention (again) that with my setup, temperature and line pressure will not have affect on my shift strategy. So your attempt at sounding smart with some applicable tech didn’t help much.
There is absolutely no way you could have a transmission shift perfect without accounting for changes in fluid temperature. My transmission cold line pressure versus warm pressure is a pretty big difference as the fluid thins out. If you are going through all this work, I would think you would want to calculate for that as well. Hell they even sell atmospheric pressure controlled valves if you really want to get fancy. And in your application, you have not accounted for fluid flow for shift strategy. Based upon your ideas and thoughts, cold fluid will cause soft lazy shifts and hot fluid will be what you are truly wanting. 140* in the pan vs 180* in the pan is about 13psi if my harbor freight gauge is accurate, but then again I bought it.