View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 12:35 PM   #17
Signature600

Name: Signature600
Title: THA MAN!
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redrider2911 View Post
Hey Chris, where are they seeing 10psi and 20psi of boost at? I thought those marine air/water intercoolers were a lot taller than that! If I would've known they sat so low, I might have gone that route. Injector lines are a pain in the butt though. :/
That came off an RT145 AGCO tractor, sits in very low to the top of the engine...it's probably more restriction than help at those boost levels that truck sees.

I really can't tell you much about the boost numbers, as the truck didn't have a tach you could see easily. It would easily stage 18psi to launch with a stock TC and transmission (truck is very light)...even if we opened the wastegate and hung it wide open it would spool hard about 70' out. I think that truck has 6x.016's and the pump maxed out and would puff a small puff of smoke at launch and was clean the rest of the pass.

I'm not sure how I would ever find another charger like that...Chris@Engineered Diesel built it for my tow truck years ago, and it got used for this project. It sounds MEAN when it comes on boost with that 6 blade wheel.

Chris

THANKS TO:
Tim Barber @ TRE Diesel
Jeff Mumau @ Mumau Diesel Service
Rip @ Source Automotive
Don Thuren @ ThurenFab Suspension
Columbus Diesel Supply