View Single Post
Old 12-25-2016, 05:52 AM   #1
TruckYou

Name: TruckYou
Title: Diesel Enthusiast
Member`s Gallery
Primary Turbo Choice

New member here!

I'll try to keep this short. I'm a new member, but a long time creeper of the forum ;-) I got into diesel a few years ago, my 1st truck being a 1st Gen cummin, non ic, Ve truck. Had fun with it, but quickly decided I wanted a p7100. After researching the cost of purchasing parts to swap it over, I decided to buy an entire truck. I found a 95 12v with 150k, extended cab, dually dana 80, pritty rough shape, electrical problems and trans problems, with plenty of ny rust, for only $800. I scooped that up just before winter, and will be starting the project come spring.

My 1st Gen already has gauges, iv got a built 47rh, a set of 5x14 injectors, a few different fuel plates, ATS intake, ATS 3 piece manifold, Fass 150, 4k gsk, and a HTT 62/71/13ss with waste gate. With this new project, I would really like to run a compound set, but would really like to continue running the 62/71 as the small turbo since I already have it.

My question is...
Would this 62/71/13 be alright to use in a compound set? Iran this turbo on my 1st Gen and was very happy with its spooling qualities... was making 50lbs of boost with ddp3's and water meth

What would be the optimal turbo to use as a primary? S475? I see industrial injection sells a set with a pat shafts 62/70 over an s474. S474, s475.... School me on primary turbos please

This truck is 100% hobby truck, no DD, or towing. I do drive it on the street in the summer, just to have some fun. I don't promote black smoke, but nor will I complain about smoke or fuel economy lol