View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 10:57 AM   #107
Mark Nixon

Name: Mark Nixon
Title: No Savior among the flesh
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by jesnic7 View Post
The place you originally listed is the one in Florida. They go by Car computer exchange, Solo PCMS, all computer resources and a few more names. I can't give any positive feedback on them because they didn't work out for me. You may have a different experience though. They operate out of Davies, Fl. and Miami Fl. I do think they are a fairly large outfit. They just couldn't get mine functioning properly and refused to give me any warranty on the ecu I bought from them because I wouldn't send in my ecu as a core until they got it right. I kept exchanging the ecu they sent me only to find it didn't work, then re installed mine to keep driving while they kept trying to fix theirs. The time frame went past their 14 day core charge time frame and they refused to warranty the ecu they provided and I paid for. That is actually one of the ecus I sent to Mark as a core.
Jesnic7, they, ACE, like Flagship One are a pass through dealer.
They bring in ECMs from different sources, bench them, flash as needed, then re-ship them with a warranty.
I have sold numerous ECMs to FlagShip One in the last year or so and I know for a fact that he WILL NOT buy anything that is truly a core, as I have tried to sell him ones I knew had hard part (bad driver, etc.) issues, yet still communicates and he flatly refuses to do so.

I have also sold to another outfit out of Florida for a bit and the same deal, they claim to know what they are doing, but the truth of it is they are just gambling on the same used parts that I and salvage yards sell.

A truly committed ecm "rebuilder" will not refuse a core that still communicates with a scanner, because they are usually still an easy fix.

Mark.