Hey Milliken....

Numbers should at least be a good refrence of 60ft vers weight. How did your PS truck 60? New cars weight?

MW did a best of 1.23, lots of 1.26 and 1.27 at 4515lbs, new car should weigh 32-3300

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tons of wiring progress made today. No cool pics because it's still a mess. Think I decided on running 4 kits on the car, one as a spool aid, the other three tiny kits on digi-sets so I can put them wherever I want down the track.

That's cool, may show my racing ignorance, but why did you "have to" swap to small tire?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The New Orleans one has separate lists for small tire and big tire.

IMG_6178.jpg

IMG_6179.jpg

IMG_6180.jpg

Wagler asked for these pics today, not sure what he's up to but he asks and he receives lol

Very very cool build. Good luck on the project. Looking forward to the end result.

Post those messy wiring pics anyways. I like seeing other methods of routing wires.

I left the shop today for a short trip, the guys were fabbing up front engine mounts when I walked out the door... excited to see what I come back to!

IMG_6203.jpg

I can charge the battery now so... got that going for me ?

IMG_6217.jpg

IMG_6218.jpg

What you guys know about cardboard motor mounts though?! ?

Sorta out of left field, but how do you plan on modifying the leaf springs to commentate for the different weight transfer with the weight of the new engine?

I dont intend on doing anything to the leaf springs, perhaps i'll do something with the coil springs up front to handle the sprung weight a little better while I have the iron block in it, Aluminum block should weigh pretty damn close as to what the aluminum big block weighed.

Aluminum weighs 168lbs per cubic foot, cast iron weighs 442lbs per cubic foot... by this math if my solid iron block weighs 430lbs, then my billet aluminum solid block should weigh roughly 163lbs. Cummins crank shaft weighs 125lbs, add the rest of the rotating assembly, front cover, two injection pumps, billet aluminum head and intake, steel exhaust manifold and a GT50, we should be in the ball park of what the power plant we took out weighed total (760lbs).

Back