Old 03-26-2010, 08:21 AM   #9
Huntingman27062

Name: Huntingman27062
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollin Coal View Post
theres one forsale on here for 2000.

theyre on ebay all the time for 12-2200.

and, ive been wheeling jeeps for quite a while. gear the axles.

plus a 4.0 prolly makes more torque than a 6.2 anyway.

you good old wikipedia

6.2- 143hp 257lb/ft
4.0- 195hp 235lb/ft
i looked on ebay and i do find some that will probly end around 2k... the ones i saw on my craiglist (local) were 3k to 4k though... and these prices are for just the motor... the 6.2 comes with the original tranny and only 13k miles... price of a 4bt with this... lots more then 1500 im sure...

and acouple CHEAP mods to the 6.2 and itll turn way more then the 4.0... only way to get good power from the 4.0 is to run the stroker kit.. but now that people have been getting miles on there stroker they all wish they had spent the money elsewhere... nothing but problems... i think the 4.0 is over rated... nothing but problems in my eyes... crank position sensors suck, injector wireing always having issues... head gaskets pop all the time... 99-02 0331 heads cracking... there over rated and just plain suck... only good thing is there a dime a dozen... lol... i know its about gearing also... but having both power and proper gearing is a good thing...
2003H.O. 4 door 4x4 long bed, H1 2 Piece steel wheels/37's, Garmens Tranny And TC, Intake/Stacks/Guards/Rain Caps, Boost Elbow, Fuel Pressure/EGT's/Boost gauges, In Tank Pump Conversion (yuck but i didnt pay for it), Industrial Injection Stage I CP3, and MP-8...