View Single Post
Old 04-04-2017, 09:44 PM   #27
BRE

Name: BRE
Title: Too Much Time
Member`s Gallery
Quote:
Originally Posted by allan5oh View Post
Yeah I'm a nerd. I have all the software and flash it probably a couple times a week. I've opened the valve cover dozens of times playing games with different clearances on the valves. I even have a digital egt gauge. Divorced compressor intake. Walker mega flow muffler straight out the rear (weed burner). Fun!

As far as spooling when you're shifting hundreds of times a day yes it's important when you drive through the back roads of Wyoming at high elevation yeah it's important. Don't forget not wanting just to dump a **** load of fuel getting your truck and oil dirty. You're wasting fuel at and richer than the smoke limit. Not to mention soot is an abrasive.

But you're likely right about my expectations.

Hey if there's something wrong with my engine I'm all ears.

I just wanna make you aware, because I don't think you know this...
You're arguing with a turbo manufacturer that does a great deal of work with class 8 stuff, and a top notch high hp class 8 engine builder/truck owner/ and I've heard rumors he's drove one like twice.

These guys aren't Tom and Jerry at the coffee shop. They are well aware of how these engines work and how to make them run.

Might take that into account. I realize you don't like their answers, but it doesn't make them wrong.
Originally Posted by jfaulkner View Post
There really is nothing better than OEM. That goes for anything from turbos to boobs.
RIP Dex KCCO