View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 12:33 AM   #20
SMOKINU497

Name: SMOKINU497
Title: Hammer down!
Member`s Gallery
Truck # 5

Just giving a update on a recent trip that I took from Salt Lake to Seattle to pick a car and back. About 1650 miles round trip. Total load up was 2,000 lbs. On the way back truck bed had maple wood stacked above the top of the bed with the car weighing in about 3500 lbs pounds by the car itself. So it wasn't a HUGE load but it was there behind you.

On the way up on the 40 hp tune (with post injection) doing 80mph up and through the hills and blue mountains, I saw an average of 17mpg towing car hauler with a major headwind throughout Boise area to Oregon... Then it went down some mpg because of the headwind and speed I was going. Egt's never got over 1200 up hills at all. This tune and the 62mm turbo really keep the truck running cooler EGT temps. The tune is super predictable and keeps the truck in the "right" rpm when towing up a hill and keeping boost up. There is absolutely NO smoke at all with this tune. On the way back going up the big long hills with the car etc... Egt's never once went over 1350 degress at 60-65 mph the whole way home. I also got an average still of 16mpgish'... I almost thought we got better fuel mileage on the way home as well because of the slower speed. Hand calculated mpgs...

All in all the 40hp Starlite Diesel tune is an AWESOME tune to run. Big improvement again then all the other tuner that I have ran... Low egt's no smoke, great mpg's...

More to come...