Outboard Airbags?

cummin up short

I’m looking to add air bags to my truck with the recent purchase of a bigger trailer. I have 2 issues however that are causing problems. First is GDP ladder bars bolted where bags normally go and Mbrp duals which won’t accommodate airbags on the passenger side. So what’s out there that bolts on top of the leaf springs? I can’t seem to find anything that will work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess they may be different for the 4th gens, but on my 2000, the firestone bags mount on top of the leaf springs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

From what I found, the Firestone bags mount to the axle for 4th gens.

I don't know about 4th Gen's but I know of several 3rd Gen's that have ran air bags above the leaf springs because of reverse leveling or lowering the back.

I have a set of 2nd gen air bags waiting on go on my Mega once my lowering shackles show up and I get them installed. My bags will be bolted to the leaf springs and the top brackets will be welded to my B&W side plates.

So instead of buying a set for a 4th gen, buy a set for a 2nd gen and I should have less fabrication ahead to make it work? I found this set up on DTR on a 1st gen but this is exactly what I’m after. It’s Firestone Ride-Rite kit 2071.

30f1f387185eac81d674bb842ffc41e4.jpg

Back